Hello, I’m Lori!
My passion is planning; my joy is your smile!
Bringing joy and fun to people’s lives brings me happiness and I never grow tired of it. Who else can say their job is creating a romantic wedding one day, preparing for a music CD launching the next, and …. Oh! Did I mention creating a dead body for a James Bond murder mystery party?
Since I only take on no more than 6 events each year, I can give each and every client my undivided attention. I have many years of experience as an executive level administrative assistant, which developed my organizational skills and gave me an eye for detail.
Let’s Write Your Story!
Simply put, I will help you share your story with your guests in a unique and personal way, and create an experience everyone will remember fondly for a lifetime. One bride called me her “angel” and my goal is to be exactly that for you!
Your Wedding = An Experience to Remember Fondly …
Your wedding planning experience should be nothing except fun and stress-free, and I am here to shoulder the burden and spend all the necessary hours to bring your wedding vision to life. Your wedding day itself should be a day that you wake up relaxed and refreshed, confident in knowing that everything will run smoothly for you. You won’t have to lift a finger except to take a sip of champagne or your favorite beverage, and the only other thing you need to do on that very special day is have fun with your wedding tribe.
I love creating beautiful spaces and bringing your visions to life. I love ballgowns and chivalry, and antique furniture. I love classic books and movies from the 40s. And more than anything, I love weddings and happy celebrations!
But I also love new and fresh ideas — and I am passionate about helping you Write Your Own Story!
Before Pursuing My Dream …
I was an executive level Administrative Assistant and planned employee and public events, including a community gala. In addition to developing that eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills, my career helped to instill perfectionism into my very soul.
Planning events and weddings has been a dream of mine since 2001 — a dream I am now living every day. “With all my heart” may be a time-worn cliché, but it is how I will help you plan your event and bring your story to life.
I graduated from the QC Event School with certifications as an International Event & Wedding Planning Professional, Event Décor Consultant, and Luxury Event & Wedding Planner — and am proud to say that I received the school’s Award of Merit for perfect grades on all assignments!
My Free Time…
I enjoy reading novels or writing song lyrics, watching movies, and playing with my awesome dog, Hank Tucker. My greatest joys are in spending time with my family and friends. I am blessed with an amazing husband, daughter and son — as well as a daughter-in-law and 2 adorable grandsons. Whenever we can, my husband and I travel to our place of peace, the Great Smoky Mountains, or to Florida to visit our grandsons and his parents.
Let's Get Started Writing Your Story!
A Few Fun Facts About Me…
- I have had poems published in a national anthology, a couple of high school yearbooks, and even had one published in a local newspaper.
- I love researching my family history and have traced my father’s side of the family to 1500s England under Henry VIII and my mother’s to 1600s Germany. I even learned that I am related to Cordell Hull, Secretary of State to F.D. Roosevelt during WWII and to Charles Kettering!
- Our dog is a Shollie – a Sheltie-Collie mix – and whenever anyone arrives to our home, he barks and barks until he has “herded” everyone into the living room and they are sitting down! It’s hilarious!
- I have a great sense of humor that sometimes borders on sarcasm. But it’s all in great fun!
- My favorite movies of all time are Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Titanic, and Phantom of the Opera. And call me crazy, but every time I watch the Phantom weeping on the roof of the Paris Opera House while his beloved Christine professes her love for another, I shed a tear and just want to reach into the television and hug him!
- I love to cook and have friends over for a meal, to play a game or cards, and just have fun hanging out! My husband loves my cooking but every now and then I have a disaster. (I recently cooked cabbage way too long, to the point that it could not be used for cabbage rolls! But Plan B kicked in and we had spaghetti and meatballs that night!)
All of this translates into giving YOU the wedding or event of your dreams! And I will always hold fast to my commitment to help you plan your day …
With Tender Loving Care!
Hello, I’m Rachel!
I’m the creative wheel behind the scenes, I love all things design, and find it so exciting to bring your story to life. I began college at Purdue University and am completing my education at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. I am inspired by the fascinating minds of children and am currently working as a Lead Toddler Teacher at a local daycare. I spend much of my time very involved in the activities and programs at my church. In fact, I am now enrolled with the Meadville-Lombard Theological Seminary to pursue my dream of becoming a minister.
In my role as Lead Assistant, I ensure that everything on your wedding or event day runs smoothly by overseeing everything that needs to be done and directing the other Coordination Assistants. I have an eye for detail and have experience in the event industry, having worked in the Catering Department at Purdue as a Waiter Captain and Student Trainer.
A Few Fun Facts About Me…
- I began crafting at a very young age and enjoy bringing your vision to life by creating unique and beautiful centerpieces and decor.
- I am a “Whovian” and love the Dr. Who series. I even crocheted the Doctor’s scarf — not a big deal for someone who never crocheted before. And … it’s only 22 feet long! I can even write in Gallifreyan (the Doctor’s language) and have written “No Man Is An Island” (John Dunn) in that language. I have it memorized, too!
- Star Trek (current movie series and Next Generation) and the Marvel comics movies are among my favorites – and I love Spock, Data and the Black Panther the most! “Live long and prosper!”
- I was a member of my high school color guard with the marching band, and became one of the captains during my senior year. I still find myself picking up pencils and spinning them just like I did with the guard flags.
Now that you've met us, we'd love to hear your story....
Serving the Greater Dayton & Cincinnati Regions By Appointment Only