Hello, I’m Lori!
Bringing joy and fun to people’s lives has always been my passion and I never grow tired of it. Who else can say their job is creating a romantic wedding one day, preparing for a music CD launching the next, and …. Oh! Did I mention creating a dead body for a James Bond murder mystery party?
Simply put, I take YOUR stories and share them with your guests in a very unique way. I love weddings and celebrations, and I love bringing people together and seeing smiles on happy faces!
I sometimes think I should have lived during antebellum times, if only there had been modern conveniences then! I love ballgowns and chivalry, and antique furniture. I love classic books and movies from the 40s.
But I also love new and fresh ideas — and I am passionate about helping every bride and groom write their own story!
Before Pursuing My Dream of Planning Weddings …
I was an executive level Administrative Assistant and often planned employee events and community galas. I have an eye for detail and organization, and am a perfectionist to a fault.
I caught the “bug” for wedding and event planning in 2001 and soon began planning weddings and events for friends and family.
I graduated from the QC Event School with certifications as an International Event & Wedding Planning Professional, Event Décor Consultant, and Luxury Event & Wedding Planner — and am proud to say that I received the school’s Award of Merit for perfect grades on all assignments!
All of this translates into giving YOU the wedding/event of your dreams!
My Free Time…
I enjoy reading novels or writing the lyrics to a song. My greatest joys are in spending time with my family and friends. I am blessed with an amazing husband, daughter and son — as well as a daughter-in-law and 2 adorable grandsons. Whenever we can, my husband and I travel to our place of peace, the Great Smoky Mountains, or to Florida to visit our grandsons and his parents.
A Few Fun Facts About Me…
- I have had a few poems published in a national anthology, a couple of high school yearbooks, and even had one published in a local newspaper.
- I love researching my family history and have traced my father’s side of the family to 1500s England under Henry VIII and my mother’s to 1600s Germany. I even learned that I am related to Cordell Hull, Secretary of State to F.D. Roosevelt during WWII and to Charles Kettering!
- Besides having a dog, I also have a pet frog, rabbit, and a bear! Okay, so they are stuffed animals but they sit on the love seat with me and comfort me when I am not feeling my best. My loving husband surprises me from time to time with stuffed animals and he knows I love how soft and squishy they feel! OK, perhaps that one is TMI!!
- I have a great sense of humor that sometimes borders on sarcasm. But it’s all in great fun!
- My favorite movies of all time are Gone With The Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Titanic, and Phantom of the Opera. And call me crazy, but every time I watch the Phantom weeping on the roof of the Paris Opera House while his beloved Christine professes her love for another, I shed a tear and just want to reach into the television and hug him!
Hello, I’m Rachel!
In my role as Lead Assistant, I ensure that everything on your wedding or event day runs smoothly by overseeing everything that needs to be done and directing the other Coordination Assistants. I have an eye for detail and have experience in the event industry, having worked in the Catering Department at Purdue as a Waiter Captain and Student Trainer.
A Few Fun Facts About Me…
- I began crafting at a very young age and enjoy bringing your vision to life by creating unique and beautiful centerpieces and decor.
- I am a “Whovian” and love the Dr. Who series. I even crocheted the Doctor’s scarf — not a big deal for someone who never crocheted before. And … it’s only 22 feet long! I can even write in Gallifreyan (the Doctor’s language) and have written “No Man Is An Island” (John Dunn) in Gallifreyan – and I have it memorized, too!
- Star Trek (current movie series and Next Generation) and the Marvel comics movies are among my favorites – and I love Spock, Data and the Black Panther the most! “Live long and prosper!”
- I was a member of my high school color guard with the marching band, and became one of the captains during my senior year. I still find myself picking up pencils and spinning them just like I did with the guard flags.
Now that you've met us, we'd love to hear your story....
Serving the Greater
Dayton & Cincinnati Regions
By Appointment Only
Reproduction of any photographs found in this portfolio or throughout this website are strictly prohibited without the express written permission from the photographer(s).