Flowers are one of the most important aspects of a wedding — and the average couple spends approximately 10% of their wedding budget on them! But how do you go about choosing flowers that reflect your style and the overall mood of your wedding? Consulting with a reputable florist is essential when selecting your flowers. As experts in the floral industry, they can create beautiful bouquets and centerpieces that will amaze your wedding guests.
I recently spoke with Ashley Nienaber, Wedding and Event Coordinator, of Schneider’s Florist in Springfield, Ohio, who answered the following questions about wedding flowers:
- What are the most popular wedding flowers you are currently seeing? Roses, garden roses and hydrangeas. Greenery in general is also popular, with Eucalyptus topping the list.
- Do you create floral centerpieces for your brides? Yes, we create complete floral centerpieces and are a full-service shop. We provide all the vases and holders, or brides can provide their own if they wish. We also provide candles, floral lighting and underwater lighting.
- How can couples save money on their wedding flowers? Choosing flowers that are in season or available year-round is the best way to save money. Other options are alternating the types of centerpieces from table to table. For example, half of your tables can have a very tall and elaborate centerpiece, and the other half can have something lower and more modest. Every table does not have to exactly match; using the same colors and flowers in every centerpiece ties them together even if the style of centerpiece differs.
- What flowers are often requested by brides that may also be difficult to obtain due to season or our area of the country? Anemones, peonies, ranunculus, certain types of orchids, and certain colors of hydrangeas are harder to obtain.
- When should couples meet with a florist to begin choosing their wedding flowers? As soon as couples have selected their venue and wedding colors, they should schedule a meeting with a florist.
- Do you offer payment plans? All of our couples are set up with an account and can make payments as they choose. A deposit of $150.00 is due at the time of ordering, and the final payment is due three (3) weeks before the wedding date so that flowers can be ordered.
- How many times do you typically meet with couples to finalize their floral selections? Typically, we meet one or two times but it also depends on the couple’s needs and the size of their wedding. After the initial meeting(s), we communicate via phone or email.
- Do you collaborate with any other vendors when designing centerpieces, bouquets, etc.? Yes, we work closely with the venue and rental companies to coordinate with linens, décor, lighting, and other items to ensure that the florals we have selected will work well with the other décor.
- What are you seeing as the most popular colors for 2017 weddings? Pale pinks, gold, gray and creams are still very popular. Deep reds are making an entrance into color schemes this year.
Schneider’s Florist, in conjunction with Clark State Community College, is hosting a Bridal Spectacular on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The show is open to all brides who would like to meet with many vendors in one place — such as caterers, photographers, DJs, wedding planners, etc.! The show is taking place at the Hollenbeck Bayley Creative Arts & Conference Center at 275 S. Limestone Street, Springfield, Ohio 45505. Leigh Anne Lawrence, Office Manager with Schneider’s Florist, stated, “We wanted to work with Clark State’s Hollenbeck Bayley Center because they have a beautiful venue that is very popular with local brides. This is a perfect location to host the Bridal Spectacular and we wanted to incorporate many Springfield area vendors so that local brides can see that Springfield has everything they need to plan their dream wedding.”
Schneider’s Florist has been in business for over 100 years in Springfield, Ohio, and service Clark County and areas within a one hour drive. They are located at 633 N. Limestone Street in Springfield, and can be reached by phone at 937/323-4634 or by email at email@example.com. You can visit their website at www.springfieldohio.florist.com or find them on Facebook.